- 3 cups hot cooked orzo
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomato (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (6-ounce) red snapper or other firm whitefish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 batch thin-crust pizza dough (see related recipe at left)
- 1/3 cup (3 1/2 oz./105 g) fig preserves
- 2 oz. (60 g) prosciutto, roughly torn into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces
- 3/4 cup (3 1/2 oz./105 g) crumbled ricotta Salata cheese
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- To prepare pesto, combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Add cheese and red pepper; process until blended. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Add tomato, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper, stirring gently to combine.
- PREHEAT BROILER
- To prepare fish, sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and broil 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place 1/2 cup orzo on each of 6 plates, and top each serving with 1 fillet and 1/4 cup pesto.