- 1 pound Orecchiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450 g turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 180 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 240ml of the cooking liquid.
- In a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onions. Using a wooden spoon break up the sausage into bite-sized pieces as it browns.
- Continue cooking until the sausage is golden and the onions are tender. Add the beans and oregano cook for two more minutes.
- Add the 240ml of pasta cooking liquid and stir, scrapping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and stir until it dissolved into a light sauce. Add the salt, pepper, and hot pasta.