- 2 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced to a thickness of 1 cm
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into pieces of 5 cm
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, salt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into thin slices
- 800 gr. of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup grated pecorino Romano or parmesan cheese
- 300 gr. fresh linguine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C. Bring a pot of boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, in a size to put the zucchini and asparagus and sprinkle with a tablespoon and a half of oil; Season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon and a half of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Increase to medium high heat, add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Meanwhile, add the linguine in boiling water and cook according to cooking time. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and add to the pan with the sauce. Add the roasted vegetables and the cooking water kept aside; stir and then add the basil. Serve the dishes and sprinkle with grated cheese.