- 450g (1lb) baby leaf spinach
- 200g (7oz) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 20g porcini mushrooms, soaked, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 150ml double cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 to 10 sheets filo pastry
- 50g (2oz) butter, melted
- 25g (1oz) Parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for a few minutes until wilted. Drain in a colander; leave to cool. Squeeze out excess moisture while you make the tart.
- Fry the mushrooms and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes until just cooked. Remove from heat and stir in the cream and nutmeg.
- Brush a piece of filo with butter and use to line the base of a 20cm (8in) tart tin. Brush another piece with butter and place on top.
- Continue until the base and sides of the tin are completely lined – about 8 and 10 layers in total. Spread the spinach on the base of the pastry, followed by the mushroom and cream mix.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pastry is golden.
- Top with pine nuts and serve.