- 6 medium to large zucchinis
- 6 loin chops of lamb, minced
- ½ golden medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 8 Kalamata olives
- 1 small red chili, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oven to 180*C (360*F)
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a small teaspoon, remove the meat, making sure that the skins remain intact, about 2-3cm deep. Chop 1 cup zucchini and store for later.
- Toast pine nuts in a frying pan for 1 minute (stir occasionally until golden brown).
- Using the same pan, fry the onion and pepper in olive oil for 1 minute, then add the paprika and cook for another minute on low heat.
- Take the lamb chops and remove any pieces of fat. Cut the meat into pieces and grind in a blender with garlic and olives until mixture is smooth.
- In a bowl combine and mix the minced lamb, pine nuts, sautéed onion, and a pinch of salt.
- Put the mixture into the zucchini with your fingers, until a small hill over the rim of the zucchini is formed. Put the stuffed zucchini on the baking sheet sprayed or brushed with olive oil. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- For the Romesco Sauce, preheat a skillet. Sautee the onion and pepper in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the chopped zucchini and garlic and cook for another minute. Add tomato paste, vinegar and water, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes until soft. Remove from heat and pout into a food processor or a blender. Blend until all ingredients become a smooth sauce.